It’s a common debate when you’re looking for a new home… should you go with new construction homes or existing ones? Here at Craft Homes, we’re obviously firm believers in choosing new as the best way to guarantee your peace of mind. When it comes to deciding whether to build a new home or buy resale, you should understand the benefits of buying a new construction home.
First off, let’s establish what constitutes new construction vs resale.
New construction homes are homes that are brand new and have never been lived in. There are different types of homes with varying timelines and benefits. To-be-built, one not yet constructed, where you choose the homesite, floor plan, and features and finishes. Quick move-in, one in the process of being built or already completed, where features and finishes are curated by our design consultants.
Resale homes or previously owned homes have been lived in before. They are often fixer-uppers, needing renovations depending on what year the home was originally built and how it has been taken care of.
As an experienced new construction home builder, we’ve helped many homeowners find their dream homes. Only you can make the best decision for you, but we believe newly built homes offer unmatched benefits over previously owned homes. Here are some reasons why.
1. Brand New Home = Brand New Everything! One of the biggest benefits of newly built homes is that everything is new. All of the systems are brand new, including the HVAC system, appliances, roof, and foundation. There’s peace of mind that comes with that.
2. Energy-Efficiency. New construction homes are built with the latest materials and building practices, which can reduce utility bills. From state-of-the-art systems and better insulation to healthier building materials, there are so many ways new homes are more efficient.
3. Modern Floor Plans To Suit Your Needs. New construction homes have floor plans designed for the way you live today. They come with open-concept layouts and flexible rooms as well as larger windows and plenty of storage.
4. Lower & More Cost-Friendly Maintenance. When a home is newly built, you won’t have to worry about making major repairs immediately. You’ll also likely save on utilities and insurance. And new homes offer the latest technology and smart features to make life easier.
5. Warranties. A new home offers the protection and guarantee of a builder's warranty. It may cover materials and workmanship, plumbing and electrical systems, and even costly structural repairs.
6. Design That Meets Your Vision! New construction homes allow you to personalize your home to suit your preferences. Select everything from the wall colors and cabinetry to the tile, countertops, and flooring.
7. Communities with Top Quality Amenities. With a new construction home, you may also get a brand new community with amenities such as a fitness center, swimming pool, clubhouse, walking trails, and tennis and pickleball courts.
Located in the highly innovative and trendy area of Lake Nona, Summerdale Park is a great place to call home! With incredible amenities and exceptional shopping and dining options, there’s never a dull moment in this Orlando neighborhood. There are just a few new construction homes for sale, so schedule a visit while you can.
Just down the road in Lake Nona, Laureate Park is the epitome of our commitment to forward-thinking design and active living. We currently have a variety of move-in ready homes. Or you can personalize your new home at our design studio. Come see our townhomes and single family homes in person and imagine living in this thoughtful and sophisticated community.
From its location in St. Cloud to its innovative townhomes and single family homes, Weslyn Park at Sunbridge offers a luxury lifestyle at a great price. We currently have move-in ready homes. Or if you would rather personalize your new home at our design studio, you can do that as well. Come see the Seacrest Model in person and start envisioning life in your new home!
Craft Homes brings fresh ideas to building and buying new homes. We understand lifestyle and home design trends and have incorporated them into our communities in Orlando and St. Cloud. Seeing is really believing. Browse our models and floorplans. When you’re ready to make a move, Craft Homes is here to answer your questions and guide you through the process of building or buying a new construction home.